Minor phone repair tasks are very easy to fix like cracked LCD screens, water damage, or blocked headphone jacks. Most of the time you require the services of the phone repair technician, but at times you can repair minor problems at home by following few guide lines. However, getting your mobile phone repaired definitely cost you less than purchasing the new one.
In summer season, water damage is a common problem to majority of the people. Often you wash down your cell phone unknowingly or dropped it into the sink or water tub. The remedy is easy if you take some quick actions. The only way that can save your phone from water damage is your fast actions. Hereunder, are given few points how to deal with water damage of your phone.
- The very first thing you need to do is to remove the phone from the water and turn it off to avoid any short circuit. It is very important to grab your phone quickly out of the water and turn it off or simply remove the battery to avoid severe damage. Any delay in your actions may cause you to replace the phone.
- The second step after cutting the power by turning it off is to remove the battery of the phone. Take the SIM card away also, in case you have GSM carrier. Never heat up your SIM card, just rub it with soft cloth or towel and place it at secure place.
- After removing the battery, dry off the battery and the phone with paper towel or simple cotton towel. Dry the surface thoroughly and don t forget that the water must penetrate inside the phone. Shake the phone to remove the water from the inner parts of the phone. Dry off the surface again.
- It is recommended to keep the cell phone on any towel or paper towel overnight before attempting to switch it on. You can also place your phone in sunlight to dry. But make sure that the sunlight is not that strong to further damage the phone components.
- After waiting for a day or so; reattach the battery and test it. If it still not show any sign, remove the battery and plug the mobile phone with charger without battery. If it shows any sign, then you need to change the battery.
- In some cases light appear on the led buttons, means that the phone is working fine and will need some more dry treatment. But if your phone show no signs at all, it is better to take your phone to the mobile repair technician and told him the entire situation and the treatment you have done. They might fix the problem for you.