It’s always fun to decorate for the holidays, and it’s especially fun to decorate your place of outdoor relaxation. Here is a list of ways that you can decorate your patio for the holidays.
1. Pine cone garland - A great way to use this decoration is by either wrapping the garland around posts of your patio or by simply hanging the garland around the entrance to your patio. Both options add a festive element and will bring joy to anyone who sees it.
2. Pine cone planters - This is a simple way to decorate for Christmas. Simply fill a planter with pine cones and other Christmas decorations. Then put these planters wherever you feel they will look the best on your patio.
3. Poinsettias - These are a great thing to add to your patio. However, if you live in a cold climate, you will have to get fake poinsettias as they can’t thrive in the cold. Simply place the outdoor planters wherever you please and you can even decorate the poinsettias with ornaments, ribbon, and garland.
4. Christmas tree - Decorating a Christmas tree and placing it outside adds a very festive feel to your patio. You can decorate the tree with ribbons and ornaments that won’t break if they ever fall off from the wind.
5. Christmas lights - This is a very classic decoration to add to your patio. It illuminates your patio, making it safer to be on at night, but it is also a very classic way to decorate for Christmas. You can place the lights wherever you like, including wrapping the lights around any post or banisters you may have on your patio.
6. Wreaths - This is another classic Christmas decoration. This simple yet classic decoration looks very festive on doors, and can bring the element of Christmas outdoors. Adding lights and ribbon to the wreath will really make it festive.
1. Pumpkins - This is a classic decoration to put out on your patio for Halloween. To go a step further, you can carve your pumpkins. This is a festive decoration that many people who celebrate Halloween take part in every year. Place the pumpkins on the steps of your patio for passers-by to be able to see and enjoy.
2. Giant spider web - This decoration will add a spooky element wherever you decide to place it on your patio.
3. Skeleton greeter - This is another decoration that adds spookiness to the outdoor. You can place this on the steps of your patio or right next to the door. This is a festive decoration and is yet another classic.
Fourth of July
1. Lawn stars - This particular decoration doesn’t go on your patio but a great option is to place the stars around or in front of your patio. To achieve the lawn stars, follow these steps.
Step 1: Use a craft knife and a metal ruler to cut a star-shaped stencil out of a large piece of chipboard or cardboard.
Step 2: Mist the patch of grass you want the star to be on with water.
Step 3: Place the stencil on the grass and, using a large sifter, sprinkle a very small amount of white flour onto the stencil.
Step 4: Carefully remove the stencil and dispose of the excess flour. For a longer-lasting star that can be walked on, use spray or marking chalk.
2. Lights - Adding red, white, and blue lights around your patio will turn your patio into the all-American dream spot.
These decorations are simple to put up and offer a very festive feel to your patio.