How to Improve Your Finances with Debt Consolidation?
Juggling with too many debts can be very stressful. Remembering the details of every payment due – the amount, the date, the creditor – soon tends to show its effect on our personal and professional lives. It doesn t do too well for our credit scores either. Professional debt consolidation can be very useful in such situations.
What Is Debt Consolidation?
Research indicates that an average American holds roughly $9000 in just credit card debts. Apart from that, there are housing loans, car loans, education loans, medical bills and even pending utility bills. Debt consolidation combines all these varied debts into a single loan offered by a professional third party – very often a non profit company.
Benefits of Debt Consolidation
The main benefit is, of course, peace of mind. When we aren t bogged down by half-a-dozen payment schedules to remember, we can concentrate more on earning. There is less possibility of missing a payment and accruing fines and penalties. Also, there are no more harassing collection calls to attend.
More importantly, these debt consolidation companies usually negotiate with the creditors, and get lowered rates of interest or a reduction in the principal amount. And the credit rating companies also read this move as a positive sign towards achieving better financial status.
Better Financial Future
Some loans are at a higher rate of interest than the others. When a debt consolidation company steps in, they try to renegotiate the terms of such loans, seeking for an early settlement. They also try to get extended payment plans for other loans, at a lower interest rate. Smaller aggregate monthly payments lead to fewer/no defaults, which greatly boosts up the credit scores. The debt consolidation companies also offer free debt counseling and training on how to manage finances better in future.
A sustainable improvement in finances requires a practically feasible plan and committed efforts towards making it a reality. There are several how-to videos on eWisdomtv that help you gain a better understanding of debt consolidation.
The Business and Money section features several informational how-to videos that can give you the correct guidance to become completely debt-free in time, and enjoy a healthier financial future.
Planning Ahead to Get the Best Deals
When it comes to buying, you will save the most money by planning ahead and strategizing. This is true in most areas of your spending. Here are a few tips on using time to your advantage when it comes to looking for a great deal.
Know the Sales Patterns
It’s not what you buy, it’s when you buy it. For example, clothing stores have a predictable pattern year after year as to when the right time to buy is. In general, good timing for clothing purchases are during major yearly sales, at the end of each season, and in January for great clearances savings.
If you are booking a holiday, try to keep track of sale patterns as far in advance of the trip as possible. If you know you wish to take your family on a holiday together the following year, begin searching the internet to find out information on the cost of each possible location. This often happens during seasons of low travel, such as when many children have just gone back to school.
Take a few minutes each week to continue your search. This can yield great results and give you a wealth of information in regards to knowing the timing that you should book your trip, and when you should plan to travel.
Sign Up For Sale Notifications and Related Blogs
If you have a particular vacation or item in mind, sign up for various blogs and consumer information sites which will notify you of sales on whatever you are planning to buy. The internet is full of sites like these, and it can save you large portions of money on your purchases.
Look for Sales at the Beginning
When there is anything new, there are often sales. Whether it is in regards to an item that is brand new and hitting the stores for the first time, an entertainment centre with a future opening date, or yearly passes for a local amusement park, you can often score a deal by buying in advance.
Plan to Shop on Certain Days
There are certain days and times when your shopping will be less expensive, and for this reason it is wise to wait until those days to make your purchases. One of the more well-known shopping days in the United States is Black Friday. If you have your holiday lists made in advance of this date, you can plan your shopping strategy and hit the malls to find the best deals, for big savings.
Make Do until the Sales
If you have planned far enough ahead, you won’t have to make purchases out of desperation. For example, maybe you have figured out that toilet paper comes on sale the last week of every month. Or perhaps your local health food store gives 10% off to its loyal customers the first Wednesday of every month. You can then buy enough product to last you the whole month, so that you are able to once again wait for next sale, instead of having to make an emergency purchase when the item is full price.
Planning ahead is a good way to obtain the best deals. By taking the time to do a little research, you will put yourself ahead of the game. With this knowledge, you will know you are able to save your hard-earned money and put it to good use.
The Best Plants to Use on Your Patio
If you’ve ever wanted your own garden but you don’t seem to have the space, a container garden on your patio may be the way to go. As long as you have access to the sun, plants can grow in pots. Here is a list of plants that can grow in containers and are perfect for you patio.
1. Flowers - Flowers allow you to be creative with multiple different types. Nearly any flower can grow in a pot, so you will have no limitations in choosing the right flowers for you. Flowers can add beauty and a pop of color to your patio.
2. Fat plants - These plants look beautiful mixed and matched together. Due to the small root systems, these plants can grow in any sized container. This will save you space so that you can plant even more or them. However, these plants require a certain soil to ensure they will have good drainage. Buy potting soil used for cacti, and only water when the soil is completely dry.
3. Terrariums - This is a great way to make your patio space inviting and intriguing for all who visit it. To get a beautiful terrarium, you should add an inch of pebbles or small stones to the base of the plant. Following the stones, add a layer of activated charcoal, then followed by a layer of potting soil. Then put your plants on top, from largest to smallest.
4. Trees - There a variety of trees that can grow in pots. When looking for trees that can grow in pots, look for ones that don’t grow any taller than 20 feet so that they can be easily moved and will not outgrow the pot that it is in. Growing trees can add dimension and color to your patio.
Herbs and Vegetables
1. Small root vegetables - This includes carrots, green onions, radishes, and turnips. Small root vegetables grow very well in containers. The lack of existing roots make these vegetables ideal for growing in small spaces. These vegetables grow best in loose soil, so use a potting soil that contains perlite.
2. Potatoes - These vegetables are suited for growing in containers. One of the best parts about this is that you won’t have to dig through dirt when it’s time to harvest the potatoes. All you’ll have to do is tip over the pot and pluck them out of the dirt.
An important thing to remember when planting potatoes in pots is that you should always plant them in a container that is tall enough to hill up the soil around the stalks as they grow. Potatoes will grow in almost anything, though, as long as they have sufficient amount of drainage and nutrient-rich soil.
3. Herbs - These are great thing to grow on your patio because you don’t need a lot of space. And, who doesn’t love fresh herbs in cooking, picked right from their own back yard. If you’re new to gardening or don’t have a green thumb, then start with basil. It’s simple to grow, but also has tell-tale signs that you’re not properly watering as the leaves become wilted and droopy. Plus, basil smells amazing!
These are only a small fraction of the plants that can grow in pots. These plants listed are good for the patio because almost all of them provides some element of color, in turn making them very decorative.